After working for a car dealer for 10 years I thought I'd seen just about everything when it came to running "deals" to get people to buy a car. I was wrong. Lake Powell Ford (located in the lovely Page, Arizona) is currently running the promotion that takes all promotions. If you buy a new Ford truck you get a goat or a sheep as a "thank you". Now I've seen everything from Jazz tickets, to Tony Lama boots, to free meals at a bad Mexican restaurant to an additional used car with purchase, but a live animal?
I saw the livestock on the lot earlier in the week and thought they were running some kind of petting zoo in the parking lot to get families to come down to the dealership, boy was I wrong. Quent told me today that they do this every year and that they are out of goats already so if we were to purchase a vehicle we would undoubtedly end up with a sheep. I have nothing against goats or sheep but seriously, why not a cat or a dog?
By the way we're not going to buy a truck. Can you imagine Larry H. Miller running a promotion to get a llama with purchase? Or maybe a horse or cow? Not even the guys at First Class Cars did something this crazy.



1 comment:
Cindy, there is a car dealer here in Rochester that is offering gas for $2.99 for a year if you buy a car from their dealership. How is that for a deal.
Von
Post a Comment