I dropped the Jeep off on Monday to get fixed (again) and after not hearing from them yesterday I called the transmission place to see what's up with my car.
For those of you not familliar with my Jeep here's the abbreviated version:
Last summer two or three days before our wedding the transmission on my Jeep went out so we had to get it replaced. (That was the easy part) After getting the Jeep back it still had a problem where the it wouldn't shift out of first gear on a regular basis. Basically when this happens I have to stop the car, put it in park and then put it back in drive, and this has been going on since the day we picked it up (August 16, 2007).
Over the past year when we have been in SLC we have taken the Jeep in to the transmission joint where the customer service is awful and they think that I'm making the problem up. They could not ever get the Jeep to duplicate the problem I have been complaining about so of course there is nothing wrong. Well after a lot of research after I got home from Vegas I pin pointed exactly when the car is having issues.
When I took the Jeep in on Monday I was able to get the Jeep to do exactly what it does for me with a service technician in the car with me and he said "well the check engine light doesn't come on and the computer isn't throwing any codes so everything seems to be fine". This is when there was a near hurricane, (and for those of you who know what a hurricane is you're laughing right now.) I explained "nicely" to the repair man that there is obviously something wrong and it started when we picked the Jeep up a year ago and the transmission is still under warranty so he will need to get it fixed as he does not want me to be forced to take action.
I called them this morning and asked them if they have been able to look at it and he said well yes and no, we haven't been able to get it to do it again so we're not sure what to do and I politely explained that there was a service person in the car with me and it is happening and I'm not making it up. And luckily he agreed with me and said that they are working with an engineer and are ordering in some parts to see if they can get it fixed.
So for now I'm still waiting and hoping that the Jeep will return to a normal state before heading back home.



No comments:
Post a Comment