Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back in Big Water (for a day or two)

It's been awhile since we updated the blog so here is a brief summary of the past 10 days.

We started packing up the house however it's going to be a slow process as we are going to be commuting from Big Water to Mantua twice a week and the house in Mantua isn't quite ready for us to move into so we are living out of suitcases when in Northern Utah and out of boxes in Southern Utah.

On Thursday we drove to Salt Lake where Quent dropped me off for a couple of days and he proceeded to Farmington where he spent the night at his parents house before heading off on Friday for his first full day of work on the new job. He said things went well and there is a big learning curve. He managed to go through his new desk where he was cleaning out hatchery reports from the early 80's. Not sure how long the government requires to keep information but over 25 years is probably a little long.

Friday I spent the day in Brigham City trying to get things ready for the move. I rented a storage shed that took about an hour longer than need be and then I went to the Post Office to get a post office box. I'll explain more about my Post Office experience soon, but needless to say we were there about an hour as well. I guess after growing up in a "big city" you get used to the luxury of people being in a hurry to help you so they can help the next person, not so much in a small town.

Friday night I was able to go to my cousin's wedding reception in Lindon - Kelli was a beautiful princess bride accoring to Morgan and fun to see my cousins who I haven't seen since I got married.

Saturday we spent the day at the Manuta house getting things ready to paint. Bill and Quent spent most of the day pulling the log paneling off the walls and I do mean logs, some where four inches thick nailed to the walls while Joyce and Joy spent the day washing the walls upstairs getting them ready to paint. I followed behind them with Spackle as every room had at least 50 holes in each wall that had to be filled before we paint.

Sunday Quent and decided that we would take a break and spend the day together. We managed to watch some football, some tennis and most importantly, Quent was able to take a nap.

Monday morning Quent went up to the hatchery and helped load over 1300 pounds of fish that were to be stocked near Vernal and then headed to my parents house to pick up a trailer and return home. Between Thursday afternoon and Monday morning I logged 415 miles in the Suburban and Quent logged about 1000 miles in the state truck. We arrived back in Big Water about 6 p.m. Monday night.

Next up: Another drive north on Thursday!

No comments:

Random Songs