Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mantua Update

A view of our "front yard" in Mantua.

Quent and I spent last weekend in Mantua and with the help of our families got a lot done. On Thursday my dad, Quent and I repaired a couple of the holes in the walls and got the house ready to paint.

On Friday with the help of my dad we were able to paint all the ceilings and the two smaller bedrooms a nice shade of bright white. It was amazing how yellow the white paint looked once we started spraying the walls white.

On Saturday we had a lot of help including Quent's Dad, my dad, Joe, Jim, Rick, Steve and Joy as we painted the walls in the kitchen, living room and the master bedroom a nice shade of tan and painted the one finished room in the basement and the utility room white. We even managed to get the stairs painted white.

The highlight of Saturday was when Rick, Quent and I ran down the canyon to unload our trailer full of stuff in the storage shed. We needed to go to Walmart as well so I told Rick to just go out to I-15 and head up the highway to the next exit as this would be faster than going through town. We got to the highway overpass to head to the on ramp and we came accross about 30 head of cattle being hearded over the overpass with three horses and an ATV, I don't know if it was faster to go this way but it was fun watching the cows "jog" over the overpass. (See picture below)

We drove home on Sunday only to find we had a broken water pipe that Quent and Nob fixed on Monday. We plan on being in Big Water until next Thursday to pack and get stuff going down here.

Who would have thought we would see cows crossing an overpass?

I can't believe how big TJ is getting. We had fun playing with the niece and nephew last weekend.

Morgan decided to put her dad's sunglasses on. She is "Joe Cool" in training.


No comments:

Random Songs