Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mrs. Fix-it

Last Thursday we had some friends over for dinner and in an effort to clean out the cupboards before we move we decided to make a cake for dessert. Quent got up early that morning to go to work and I got up at the same time to start my day. About 6:15 a.m. I decided that I would make the cake turned the oven on to preheat.

While making the cake batter, I noticed that the oven was arcing and sparks were flying inside the oven, I had used the oven the night before and nothing odd had happened so I turned off the oven and turned it back on and the bottom element and died, and after seven years, I guess it was time to replace it.

After finding the right part and having fed-ex deliever two different heating elements, we got the right one delievered to our doorstep today and I'm proud to say that I myself switched out the element all by myself and tested it out by baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies.

After tagging 1,000 fish today, Quent was excited about the cookies on the counter when he got home from work.

No comments:

Random Songs