Yesterday was the first day since the tournament started that I didn't have to work 14 hours, some might say that I got off early for good behavior. So instead of getting back to the hotel at 11:30 p.m. I made it back to the Palms at about 7:30 p.m. After leaving the arena at 5:30 or so I decided to make a quick stop on the strip on my back, and believe me nothing on the strip is quick.
I went against my better judgment and parked in the MGM Grand parking garage, who knew there was a concert there last night. After navigating to the top level to park it took me 30 minutes just to walk through the hotel to get where I needed to be. Once safely back in my car (over an hour later) I decided that I was headed back to my hotel room to call it a night.
I got a little restless about 9:00 p.m. and decided it was time for the chocolate shake I had been craving all day, so I put on my flip-flops and took some cash out of the safe and thought maybe I should test my luck with the penny slots. Believe me this was the best decision I'd made all day. I took my $10 and turned it in to over $100 and then got my chocolate shake. Not soon after than I tried my luck again only this time the stakes were a little higher and my winnings were a just a little bit higher this time.
Quent went fishing with Nob on Saturday and thankfully gave all the fish he caught to Nob. He reports it wasn't very much to begin with. He is getting ready for his aunt and uncle to visit him this week. And then head up to Salt Lake to help Kerry get packed up and moved.
Until the next post...Viva (or FIBA) Las Vegas!



No comments:
Post a Comment