What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, we've all seen the ads on TV promoting Sin City. And believe me with all the crazy things I've seen, I think it's a great marketing campaign. Today begins day four for me in Vegas and the second of the FIBA Olympic qualifying tournament.Yesterday went better than expected for the opening day of the tournament. After spending 14 straight hours at the Thomas and Mack Center and watching four basketball games this is what I've learned:
- I would like to see Uruguay make it to the second round, those guys have heart. After trailing by as many as 15 in the second half they rallied back and forced overtime and upset Panama in the opening game of the tournament.
- I have also learned that I need to learn Spanish. It's really tough to run a post game press conference when you have no idea what the participants are saying.
- Team USA killed Venezuela in a riveting final game of day one. It was a like NBA Stars playing against the local high school team.
- And the last thing I learned was that if you get back to your room late enough tomorrow's newspaper will already be on your door.



4 comments:
Cindy and Quent, Not sure if you are actually expecting comments so here you go - I think the blog thing will be great - I'll definitely appreciate it when in Europe! KJB
Comments are welcome at anytime!
Sin-day in Sin-city! I am SO glad that you started your blog. It is great and thank you again for inviting us to your wedding. We had a great time and it was beautiful! I have updated my blog, and some very sad news (I tried to call but don't have your new phone number), Kirby did pass away. Lets chat when you have a second. I know how busy you are.
Luv yer gutz,
Mis-say
Thank you for your comments. We will miss Kirby terribly.
M
Post a Comment