It's Tuesday, September 12 and we've been married one month and one day but who's counting right? Well it's only my fifth consecutive day in town and things are going pretty well. Yesterday I ventured into the town all by myself. I went to the post office and had to ask for the mail out of the box because we couldn't find the spare key to the mailbox (Quent found it this morning). I spent about 10 minutes in the post office chatting with Laurie (the postal worker) just like I was a local, catching up on town gossip, of which nothing meant to me because I don't know anyone around here yet. I got my new social security card in the mail which was exciting, which means the government has officially changed my name, I'm now a Bradwisch.
Following the post office in Big Water, a trip to Page was next on the list. A quick trip to the dollar store, the gas station, the grocery store and the bank, where after two visits they have finally changed my name on my account, I was headed back home.
We had quite the wind/rain storm yesterday afternoon it was even mentioned by Sterling Poulsen on KUTV last night, it's always exciting when we're mentioned on TV, after all I'm sure 99.9% of the state has no idea we even exist down here.
Dale confirmed that he will be visiting this weekend, our first house guest since we've been married.
Until next time...



No comments:
Post a Comment