It will come as no surprise that Quent and I took another road trip...We are currently in Moab for another meeting with the Colorado River group. (The official name of the conference slips my mind at the moment and Quent is fast asleep next to me so I can't ask him.)
Who would have thought that a town that gets so blasted hot in the summer would be so cold in the winter. The high here today was about 32 degrees, there is snow on the ground and tomorrow they say will be about 27 degrees.
I guess after living in the Salt Lake City area for the first 33 years of my life I would have never suspected that this area of the state gets so cold.
We drove through Monument Valley last night about midnight and from what I could see in the dark it seems like an area made for the camera. I will make sure to take lots of pictures tomorrow on our way home in the daylight.



2 comments:
Hello Cindy & Quent ~
Got the blog site from Cindy after reading Von's note in the newsletter.... I wanted to see what was all going on in your life too!!! ha
Read through a few and gee...life in Big Water sounds "interesting"... I LOVE the mayor running the post office... Guess that should make me feel lucky to live in the "metropolis" of Belle Fourche - population 4,000! ha
Anyway - just wanted to pop in and say "hello"....
Love you both!!!
Hi, just wanted to let you know I do read your blog, just not successful in finding where to make a comment usually. Tonight I got lucky on my 3rd attempt.
I think the mayor running the post office is great! What a guy/gal.
I went to the birthday party for January birthday people at the Sr. Center here today. Didn't win any prizes, but the lunch was good.
I will have to keep Monument Valley in mind if I ever get down to that part of Utah.
Love, Aunt Von
Post a Comment